Yesterday I went for a run, an easy paced but hard effort 5K. My legs felt sore, and tired – I guess they are still recovering. This morning I went to spin, again my legs feel heavy, sore and tired. I need yoga and stretching, hoping to get to a class tomorrow night.
I also ate horribly yesterday and today. Clearly you can see I’m winning at life. My ‘skinny’ jeans are now called ‘super tight, not pretty’ jeans. Jesus!
Anyways… about a month ago I signed up for a race, which is this weekend. It is the London Lady’s Half Marathon/Relay/5K. I registered for the half marathon thinking that I am already trained and can do another. But I don’t know if I can. I e-mailed the race director asking if we are able to switch distances, and he said that I have until Wednesday at 4pm to switch. Ok, awesome now I just need to decide.
I do best when I make a Pros and Cons list.
– It would be a great workout
– My second half marathon
– My cousins are running it
– My body is tired
– My legs are sore
– Risk of injury
– I want to only do ‘big’ races for longer distances – this one is small
– My ego
– I won’t PR the 5K because I am still slow
– It is mostly on the path system, which I think will be boring
– I wanted to knock the pants off my 2nd half marathons time, which I know I won’t do in this race
– I feel disappointed in myself for not doing the half
Clearly I know I shouldn’t run the half marathon, but I still want to. Ask me 10K into the race if I still want to.
What should I do? What would you do?